After being acquired by Facebook for a sum of $19 billion WhatApp has rolled out a surprise for its android users which allows to hide Last Seen at, Profile picture, Status update. The Last Seen feature was a major headache for Android users, who couldn’t turn this notification off. Yesterday, with the release of v2.11.169, WhatsApp team has finally brought the ‘anti-stalker’ feature to Android. The feature is currently only available on the WhatsApp Apk that is available on their official website and this new update is not yet available on Google Play Store. The minimum requirements, according to the developers for using this new feature is Android version 2.1 The current update is only for Android mobile users and not for tablets.
WhatsApp has also updated it’s Group Chat Notifications feature. Now newer version of WhatsApp gives you better control over your group conversations, it allows you to mute those annoying groups. This change would be really helpful as watching those hundreds of notifications is unpleasant.
To disable the ‘Last Seen’ time stamp on Android use the following steps:
- Open Settings menu and enable ‘Download from Unknown Sources’ listed in the Security tab.
- Download the WhatsApp apk from the official website. To download click here.
- After successful download of Apk file, tap on it to install the new WhatsApp using Package Installer.
- You will get a message displaying that this application will make changes to WhatsApp; allow it to alter the app. All Your previous data will not be affected.
- Your WhatsApp has been updated to latest version, move ahead to Setting go to Account and then to privacy. You will see the ‘Last Seen’ option here, with new three options – Everyone, My Contacts and Nobody. Select the one According to your requirement.